Tuesday 29 May 2012

Last Minute Jubilee Souvenirs

SparrowPrimitives 



So we're off to a Jubilee party on Saturday and suddenly the text arrives - fancy dress and bunting please! Panic! I've not gotten into the swing of it yet but as the bunting has started to appear around the village, that and the bizarre scarecrows, I've begun to feel like I need souvenirs.

I went to my parents this week and mum had found my old badge collection in the loft. To my surprise I found so many silver jubilee badges. There was a special metal one in a little red box and this was given to every child at school. I wonder if it was just my school or the whole country. Maybe you have one? I wonder if the children will receive a memento this year during these tough times.

I remember going to a street party that was so much fun. The photos show bunting hung across the street and tables decked with so much food that everyone had contributed.

BabanCat

  • for vintage inspired crochet and organics





  • So,  a costume and some souvenirs. I went to my favourite low cost shop and sourced some ridiculous hats, bunting and flags but I think I need a more sensible souvenir or something to wear. I've scoured my favourite shops and come up with some perfect items. If you're quick you can still grab them.

    missbohemia 


    PixiesDesign 

  • Polymer clay Costume Jewelry Rings Brooches Pendants




  • accidentalvix 


    I have made myself one of these fused glass pendants to wear but have a couple extra.I think they would work for the Olympics too. Blog readers don't forget my special code BLOG10 for 10% off at checkout.




    3 comments:

    1. Great Jubilee collection and thank you for featuring my Queen necklace Apryl :-) Enjoy your party on Saturday!

      Jen

      ReplyDelete
    2. Lovely Jubilee selection. Hope you enjoy your party and the long weekend.

      Linda

      ReplyDelete
    3. Great post! Thanks for mentioning my bunting:)Have a good long weekend.

      ReplyDelete