Sunday 12 June 2011

New Widget!

I am so proud of myself today. I installed a new widget all by my self. This is a big deal for the technologically challenged. How cool is the shelfari widget? (Hopefully you can see it on the right hand side!) I know it's from Amazon and that's not supporting local businesses but I'm a bookworm and that's the thing here.

 I've only uploaded a few books so far, that was enough time spent in one day but I've put in a few of my recent favourites. If you hover over it I've even added a one liner review!

I'm reading Jodi Picoult's new novel at the moment. I wouldn't normally read hardback but I got it from The Book People  http://www.thebookpeople.co.uk/  for £4.99  new, bargain. I like her books. It's a bit of a cliche I know but they do make you question yourself and ask yourself what you would do in a similar situation.

Last year we discussed books in my Spanish class and as a challenge we kept a 'reading diary'for a year. I was plesantly suprised to find that I'd read 26 books in 2010 including 2 spanish novels. How much do you read? I'd be really interested to hear about your reading habits and if you have any recommendations for me.

Why not start your own journal? I found this in a Folksy shop. Please click on the link to go directly to the shop.

Ostrich Leg Journal by Marcade Arts Press


2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I think your new widget looks AMAZING! I haven't seen it before, anywhere. Really well done. Unfortunatelly, the only time I get a chance to read is when I'm abroad on holiday where there is no internet access (I realle enjoy it then..)

    I love the journal you have choosen, too.

    Martina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new widget looks good - I'm on Shelfari too (Sashinka) and am half addicted to some of the book groups - spend an awful lot of time chatting with the All Genres gang! It's a really great website for book recommendations and discussions without being time consuming or involving trekking somewhere else for a book club.

    I also just got a whole load of books from the Book People too! Mainly some sets for my class at school but they are all hyper-excited by their new books!

    ReplyDelete