Sunday 2 October 2011

Sunday Afternoon Tea

Felt like a bit of a bake today despite the unseasonably hot conditions in the south of the UK . Something for Sunday afternoon tea in the garden. Had to be a classic but I wanted to try this new recipe as I don't have much luck with a rise. My sponges are usually more biscuit like! 


Classic Victoria Sandwich

Ingredients

200g of caster sugar
200g soft butter
200g self raising flour
4 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 table spoons milk

Method

Heat oven to 170 C for fan oven
Butter and line 2x 20 cm tins.
Beat all the ingredients together.
Divide into two and bake for 20mins.

I filled the cake with buttercream icing (mix butter, vanilla essence and icing sugar) and my homemade raspberry jam.

How easy is that!  I was really pleased with the result.




My best cake ever and it was really  easy.


I just needed a few additions for the perfect tea. If anyone reading this knows my husband please tell him I'd like a cake stand for Christmas please.


Illustrated Cake Stand, 3 Tier, English Rose SALE by EstherCoombs
I like this too. Cupcake Shirt - Keep Calm and Bake On  by redbrickwall




1 comment: