Monday 10 October 2011

A-Z of Me!

I've really enjoyed reading lotrs of these A-Z's this week. I think it's helped make you 'real people'not just an avatar. Well here's me.

A- Age 42 and proud I've crossed over to the other size unscathed and now ready to stand up for myself.

B - Bed - Double with King size duvet. 

C - Chores you hate - Cleaning windows. I never manage to get them streak free.

D - Dogs - Totally freaked out by dogs and can't stand cats. Got 4 chickens though!

E - Essential start to your day - a kiss

F - Favorite colour - Purple

G - Gold or silver - Silver.

H - Height - 5' 7"

I - Instruments you play - none not musically inclined at all.

J - Job title -  Housewife, ex-teacher

K - Kids - two boys

L - Live - A tiny village in Essex but close to Colchester.

M - Mother's name - Ruth

N - Nickname - None really, used to be ape at school.

O - Overnight hospital stays - I had to stay a week when I was 29 weeks pregnant as contractions started. Luckily they stopped.

P - Pet Peeves - Lateness,  people who think they're superior

Q - Quote from a film - it's a big long but it doesn't make sense otherwise. I've bleeped a few bits out too so as not to offend delicate crafters ears! It's from Pulp Fiction.

Vincent: All right. Well, you can walk into a movie theater in Amsterdam and buy a beer. And I don't mean just like in no paper cup, I'm talking about a glass of beer. And in Paris, you can buy a beer at McDonald's. And you know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Jules: They don't call it a Quarter Pounder with Cheese?
Vincent: Nah, man, they got the metric system. They wouldn't know what the **** a Quarter Pounder is.
Jules: What do they call it?
Vincent: They call it a "Royale with Cheese".
Jules: "Royale with Cheese".
Vincent: That's right.
Jules: What do they call a Big Mac?
Vincent: A Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it "Le Big Mac".
Jules: [in mock French accent] "Le Big Mac." [laughs] What do they call a Whopper?
Vincent: I don't know, I didn't go in a Burger King.

R - Right or left handed - Right

S - Siblings - Two younger brothers

T - Time you wake up - Between 6am and 6.30am - when my husband brings me a cup of tea. What a star!

U - Underwear - Gap

V - Vegetable you hate - None I love veggies - as for fruit I could quite easily not eat any ever!

W - What makes you run late - nothing, I hate being late so always end up being early.(Direct copy from Dawn.) I would rather sit and read my book for half an hour than be late. I always get to the airport a day early just in case!

X - X-rays you've had - Had an MRI for prolapsed disc. More painful than having babies! (Never thought I'd say that!)

Y - Yummy food you make - My brunch pancakes have become a bit of a signature dish!

Z - Zoo animal - We are lucky enough to live near Colchester Zoo. It is absolutely fantastic. My favourites are the spider monkeys. There always seem to be baby ones that are so cute!


(Emerging from a hole at the top of a prehistoric tower in sardinia)

6 comments:

  1. Ha, I've spent the night in a tiny little airport in london, I think it was just a business airport (sorry if that was off topic you reminded me of it when you said you arrive at airports a day early)

    I would love someone to bring me tea in bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it is a fab idea to get to know each other. Love Pulp Fiction and a fab quote too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pic & thanks for sharing!
    I should have put kiss (E) too, oopps! As for the airport I'm always there hours beforehand too :)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great read, must get around to joining in at some point.

    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog post, I'm really enjoying all these A-Zs! Great quote from Pulp Fiction!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newspaper and vinegar on your windows. Just plain old vinegar. I just discovered it today. It's great!! :o) Xx

    ReplyDelete